Thursday, April 19, 2007

Happy 15th birthday, Robert!


My son Robert just after finishing his first half-marathon in Houston this past January


On Easter Sunday in 1992, God gave my wife and I the beautiful gift of the birth of our son, Robert. He is an amazingly loving, affectionate, intelligent and great teenager. Robert has a wonderful sense of humor, and has one of the most creative minds of anyone I have ever known. Since he was very young, he has had the ability to build things with his hands (without the benefit of plans or drawings) that I could never do. He took up running on a more serious level last August and completed half-marathons in Houston and Austin within 5 weeks of each other. He has also helped me when I go out to mentor young kids about goal setting and running. I am so proud of him.

I wrote a story about witnessing him finish the Houston half-marathon that was one of the greatest moments of my life and would like to share it with you here, "Following in the Footsteps of My Son".

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Robert

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Robert!

That was a great story and I remember crying the entire last mile of my first marathon as I thought about how far I had come after being a smoker just 6 months before. It sounds like Robert is headed in the right direction.

Unknown said...

I have a new blog so be sure to visit me at

http://inmemoryofjeff.blogspot.com/

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

OK, this is my first time stumbling upon your blog and I am bawling over my coffee!!
Way to go Robert!!!!
What a beautiful tribute to your son.
(my son's name is Robert, too) -
Jenny