Sunday, January 21, 2007

This is my first blog post, but I've kept a diary on my running since about 1986...

I have kept a fairly detailed running log in a database format since about 1986 that includes date, mileage, time, pace, weather (including temperature, heat index or wind chill, percent humidity, windspeed and direction), type of run (easy, long, tempo, race, etc.) and general comments for each entry on how I felt that day, what was going on in my life or in the world, and so on.

I'm not sure how much I will post here, since my main focus and all of my information is on my web site at http://www.faithfulsoles.com. On Faithful Soles, you will find my running background under "Meet Robert" from the main menu, but most importantly lots of amazing and inspiring stories and information about walker, runners, and athletes of all ages and abilities.

My inspiration to create Faithful Soles came at the 2000 Boston Marathon in a story I call "The Greatest Marathoner" (you can access it through the web site via the link under the "Message from Robert" on the home page). I have shared this story in nearly every motivational speech I have given to running clubs, schools, businesses, churches and various other organizations. I have had people come to me years after hearing it to tell me they still think about it when things get tough in either their running or their life.

No comments: